Saturday, August 23, 2008

Todd McBrayer, LEED AP

Well, after much studying and worrying Todd passed the LEED Accredited Professional Exam on August 14, 2008 with a score of 184 out of 200 (based on 80 questions - go figure how they actually score the thing - 170 required to pass). (In my research for study items on-line I kept reading about the "first time I took the test" - I only wanted to take this once.) LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and is various programs (depending on the building use) for the design and construction of buildings for efficiency and user friendly buildings. Now I can add LEED AP to the end of my name and actually look like something on paper. I was strange to have to study for an exam again after 15 years of professional life. This is a great thing to add to my professional career and list of achievements and will help progress the work I do at Breslin. With the world going "green" and "sustainable", this should help keep us one step ahead.

More information about LEED can be found at www.usgbc.org or www.gbci.org.

No comments: